It seems like a dangerous time to have money. (Good thing I don’t.) Or to borrow money. (This I do.) The good news is that as a member of NCCYou, we have your back with 3 ways to keep your identity and money safe.
100 million people were effected by a recent data breach at Capital One. Equifax, Caribou Coffee, Target, Home Depot and others have had past data breaches where customer information was hacked into and possibly shared. I’ve personally been lucky so far but you better believe I have these protections in place.
1. CardNav. CardNav is a free app and adds another level of security to your cards by letting you decide how and when they can be used, and alerting you when any types of transactions you specify take place. You can even use CardNav to set personal spending limits that help you stay within your budget goals.
Turn cards on or off in seconds.
• Use GPS to restrict transactions to businesses within a designated area.
• Limit card use to specific merchants or purchases.
• Receive real-time, in-app card-use notifications and spending-limit alerts.
• Receive alerts when you’re getting close to any personal spending limits you’ve set.
Go to your app store and download this magic app asap.
2. ID Guard Checking. For a $2.95 a month, your checking account at NCCYou can offer you comprehensive credit monitoring 24/7 of over 1,000 databases! You get your own personal fraud resolution specialist that will help you every step of the way until your identity is restored. If your identity is compromised in any way, you can receive up to $10,000 to help pay expenses, help clear your name and recover your identity. I get one handy little email telling me if anything on my credit report has changed, or if they haven’t. It’s really nice to let them do the work for me. I can’t get a good coffee for $2.95 at Caribou but I will save thousands if they have another data breach!
3. Our Member Account Representative. I won’t tell you her name but I’ll tell you that this person has an office near mine and I hear her all day long putting out fires for people when their cards have been compromised. She handles all fraud and disputed purchases as a one-woman money protection FORCE. She has worked for us for 25 years and believe me, she knows her stuff. She will have your card cancelled, reordered, and at least provisional money back for you before you can even get through the hold time at your big bank. Unless you “accidentally” forgot to cancel that late night monthly order for diet pills or gave out your card number on a questionable website, that’s on you. She answers the phone, calls you back, or you can visit her in person. She even keeps an eye on your account personally if you need her to. THATS the Credit Union difference right there.
As a member of NCCYou, you are part owner or a financial institution that has YOUR best interests in mind, every time. We have researched how to keep you money and your identity safe. Stop by, visit http://www.nccyou.com, call and let us help.